Friday, October 16, 2009

There's a Mermaid in the Bathroom

I was asked to paint something over the tub in a Master Bathroom last week. When I asked what the mural should contain the owner was undecided and asked what I thought would look good. I was stunned, usually when I'm asked to paint something there is a subject in mind.

Thinking quickly, I suggested a still life of sea shells on a beach. This seemed a little too subtle after the words came out of mouth so I then added, if you want a little fantasy why not paint a mermaid.

The mermaid was a hit. I went to work with several mermaid styles. This is the outcome. It suites the room and the owners well. There are several grandsons that visit and will certainly be entertained by this image as they splash about.

No comments:

Post a Comment